I spent 2 weeks in St.Louis, discovering the birth place of Hip Hop. I didn’t get to visit everything I wanted but I am happy about my trip as I got to experience a tornado xD
St.Louis is a city that is within the Missouri state. It is situated along the western bank of the Mississippi River, which forms the state line between Illinois and Missouri. Its a modern town with an old soul 😀
This post is going to be about one of the must-see attraction in St-Louis: The Gateway Arch.
What to do:
The Gateway Arch is an amazing modern monument. It has many activities:
- The tram ride to the top: It is done in small cabins that are for only 5 people max and are historical and not for the faint of heart. It is an Architectural and Engineering marvel. Getting to the top is a wonderful experience. By all means watch the movie about the construction of the Arch in the theater. It is very informative.
- The Museum at the Gateway Arch: Its a rich place and a documentary film about the construction of the Arch. You also get a glimpse of america’s history with the native Americans and the explorers.
- The Arch Store where you can shop for souvenirs. And boy they are amazing and for all budgets.
- The Arch café where you can have a lovely drink while gossiping about the new fashion trends and gorgeous men around.
- Cruises aboard the Riverboats at the Gateway Arch. Sadly when I was there, the river was flooding and I couldn’t take a tour.
Aside from the Arch, there is a lovely park around it, where you can run, take a stroll or just sit and relax while enjoying the view as you are in front of the gorgeous city hall.
I would advice you to get your tickets early as its much better and more practical 😀 Also the museum downstairs is FREE, as you basically to go up the arch. Nonetheless lines are long and its better to plan half a day for it.
As my hotel was next to it, I dont have infos about the parking sorry :/
- Visit duration:More than 3 hours
- Address:11 N 4th St Gateway Arch National Park, Saint Louis, MO 63102-1810Map
- Their website: https://www.gatewayarch.com